2021年1月18日 星期一

句子連音

We've all (We Vo)

Wouldn't it be awesome (污逼)

It starts as a whisper (start 色色)

2021年1月16日 星期六

背句子

You scared the hell out of me. 嚇死本寶寶了

There won't be any acceptance of the contract unless Mr. Watson agrees. 唯有華生先生同意,這份合約才會被接受

What's is the fundamental issue that underlies the conflict? 衝突背後的根本問題是什麼

You have no idea what it's like to lose someone you love. 你根本不了解失去心愛之人的感覺

I would conclude that you're xxxx 我認為你是

for what it's worth 不管有沒有用

There's a two-year wait, but I pulled some strings. 本來要等兩年的,不過我托了關係買到了

Is it because eyes are the window to the soul? 還是因為眼睛是靈魂之窗?

And not just eyes, as many thought, but the whole face. 不是像大多數人認為的只看眼睛,而是整張臉。

We still look at faces the most. 大部分的時間我們仍注視著臉部。

Where are you supposed to look? 不然應該要看哪裡?

At least with women,... 至少對方是女生的話

As the name suggests 顧名思義

What’s going on? Clue me in. 發生了什麼事?告訴我吧。

If you think he looks clueless, think again. 如果你以為他很蠢,那你就錯了。

Everybody was totally clueless as to what to do. 大家一點都束手無策。

He has no clue. 他搞不清楚狀況

Don't mention it. That's what friends are for. 別客氣。這是朋友該做

Something smells fishy. Just be yourself. 事情有點不單純喔。你就做自己就好了。

I'll drop you off on the way.

Stop being so nosy. 別愛管閒事

Why did you butt in like that? 你為什麼這樣打擾我們?

I'll just go with the flow. 我就順其自然吧。

Don't jump to conclusions. 別急的下定論。

What's the weather gonna be like this Saturday? 周六天氣會怎麼樣

Nothing beats beer with chicken on a hot day. 沒有什麼比炸G配酒來的更適合炎熱的天氣

Come to think of it, I can't miss a drinking session. 想到這裡,那我就不能錯過喝酒的場合。

If you or your bank account are in the red, you owe money to the bank.

You might as well cancel your appointment. 你不妨取消你的約。

I feel like crying my eyes out. 我覺得我哭太久了

Chin up and I'll keep you company. 打起精神我會陪在你身邊

I'm doing great. 我過的不錯

You haven't changed a bit. 你一點都沒變

I can always count on you. 我永遠都能依靠你

I'm sober right now. 我現在很清醒

This isn't the place or the  time to be. 這裡地點跟時間都不恰當

Aren't you  going  a little too far? 你是不是有點太誇張

very instagrammable 適合網美照

I bawled every episode. 我每一集都大哭

I don't know what the big deal is. 我實在搞不懂這個節目有什麼好看

What's the deal with Professor Johnson lately? Johnson教授最近怎樣?

It's a deal.一言為定

Here's the deal. 就這樣吧/這樣好了。

Deal me in 算我進去/發牌給我

Call in sick/ take a sick leave/bang in sick

call in sick to work 上班族請病假

My mouth is watering. 我要流口水了

Dig in. 開動吧

Care for some coffee? 想要喝點咖啡嗎

I pulled some strings. I have good connections. 我動用一點關係。我人脈很廣

Please go easy o the sugar. 糖也適量就好 

When is most convenient time for you?

Keep me posted on your progress.

It's for older people like us.

Well, that was it then. 嗯,就這樣

Do you have a room for six? 你們有六人的房間嗎?

Want to come along? 想要一起來嗎

You toy's on the line. 你上你的玩具

What are the odds? 機率是多少

He's mocking us. 他在嘲笑我們

I never thought I'd say this. 我從沒來想過自己會這麼說

He's getting out of hand. 他失去控制

My boss is not easy to get along with.  我的老闆很難相處。

Spit it out. 老實跟我說

You look like you are in a good mood today. 你今天看起來心情很好

I used to be so confident. 我之前充滿自信

You've crossed the line. 你太超過了

Please don't give me a hard time. 別為難我

How did your job interview go? 你的工作面試怎麼樣

What's the occasion? 這是什麼情況

You can't tell me something like this on such short notice. 你不可以這麼晚才跟我說。

I'll have you over for dinner sometime. 我改天再找你來一起吃晚餐。

It's like you've been working 24/7* these days. 你最近沒日沒夜地工作。

Can you help me with my work a little? 你可以稍微幫忙我的工作嗎?

If I had known I’d get service like this, I would have gone somewhere else! 早知道我得到的是這種服務,我就找別的地方去了!

Why do these things always happen to me?

The presentation was tight! 剛才簡報非常精采

Extraordinarily great or special 非常好、很特別

That is one tight bicycle. 那單車很棒

Sorry, you were saying? 抱歉,你剛才說什麼?

Don't get uptight about the presentation - just do your best.

What line of business are you in? 您從事哪個行業?

The current state of the art is 5 nanometers. 目前的技術水平是 5 納米

I'm almost thinking of throwing in the towel -- (我幾乎想就這麼放棄)

What you need to do with Lester is cater to his ego a bit and compromise. 對於萊斯特,你所要做的就是稍微迎合他的自尊心並作妥協。


2021年1月13日 星期三

decide 跟 determine 有何不同

 decide 跟 determine 雖然都代表「決定」,但是意義的強度卻有不同。

decide 是比較是單純的選擇

 determine 則是帶有經過審慎思考後所下的決定,或者我們會說某件事情被某個因素 determined ,那就代表那件事情被這個因素所控制。