2021年11月27日 星期六

[Gerunds and Infinitives]Using Gerunds as the Objects of Prepositioins

 Common preposition combinations followed by gerunds (blue Page 302)

be excited

about doing it

be worried

 


complain

about/of doing it.

dream

talk

think

 


pologize

for doing it

blame someone

forgive someone

have an excuse

have a reason

be responsible

thank someone



keep someone

from doing it.

preent someone

prohibit someone

stop someone

 


be interested

in doing it.

believe

participate

succeed



be accused

of doing it

be capable

be guility

instead

take advantage

take care

 

be tired

of / from doing it

insist on doing it

 

be accustomed

to doing it

in addition

be committd

be devoted

look forward

object

be opposed

be used

 

13. I want you to know that I'm sorry. I don't know if you can ever forgive me for causing you so much trouble.

15. I'm not happy in my work. I often dream about quitting my job.

16. How do you stop someone from doing something you know is wrong?

19. Anna made a lot of big mistakes at work. That's why she was afraid of losing her job.

worry about/be worried about


沒有留言:

張貼留言