2021年8月31日 星期二

[Gerunds and Infinitives] Using the Simple Form after let and help and Using Causative Verbs: Make, Have, Get

 

make (有強迫的意思、心情)

O

Vr (主動,通常是受詞為人)

let (允許)

have (說服、指引)

Vpp (被動,通常是受詞為事情)

 


made 被動


Mom made me clean the room.


= I was made to clean the room by Mon.



The policeman made the man move his car.

He cannot make himself understood in English.

I had (made) him translate the article into English.  我叫他把這篇文章翻成英文。


had 被動


Mom had me clean the room.


Mom had the room cleaned (by me).


The restaurant has their employees work/working all day.



 

Jenny's mother doesn't let her go out at night. (主動)

How could you let your mother be insulted like that? (被動)

I won't let my daughter be treated that way. 我不會讓我女兒受到那種待遇 (被動)

 

You'd better have someone clean the house.

You need to have the document verified by the government.



 

get

O

to V

want

ask

 

help


help + O + (to) V


I asked him to help me (to) do homework.

 

Joan got her husband to buy her a big diamond ring.

Please get the job done as soon as possible.

I got her clothes cleaned yesterday.


1. 你的車有些問題,你最好送去修理

There's something wrong with your car. You'd better have it fixed/repaired.


2. 他們想在農曆年前重新粉刷房子

They want to have their hourse repainted before the chinese new Year.


3. 化妝派對後,請將體育館打掃乾淨

Please get the gym cleaned after the costume party.


4. 當他發現房子是空的,所有的東西都不見了,他站在那裡目瞪口呆

When he found the house empty and everything gone. He stood there rooted/stunned.


5. 當我打開門,我看見他站在外面微笑,手裡拿著一束花

When I open the door, I saw him stand outside smiling with a bunch a flower in his hands.


6. Tom 的父親要他每天做三十個伏地挺身,因為他認為 Tom 不夠強。

Tom's father makes him do thirty pushes-up every day, because he thinks Tom is not strong enough.


allow
force
convince
permit
cause
suggest
persuade
require
enable

沒有留言:

張貼留言