2021年9月3日 星期五

[Noun Clauses] Noun clauses that begin with a question word

 What she said surprised me.

What they should do is obvious.

Who she is is a secret.

 

black book Page 404


What happended?

An information question

Who came to the party?




I don't know what happened.

A noun clause

I don't know who came to the party.


black book Page 405


A: Where did Natasha go yesterday?

B: I don't know. Do you know where Natasha went yesterday?


A: How much does a new Honda cost?

B: Peter can tell you how much one(a new Honda cost).


A: When was the first wheel invented?

B:I don't know. Do you know when the first whell was invented?


A: Who did Julie talk to?

B: I don't know who Julie talked to.


black book Page 407

A: Mom, why are some people cruel to other people?

B: Honey, I don't really understand why some people are cruel to others. It's difficult to explain.


A: I don't care about the future. All I care about is today.

B: Oh? Well, answer this question for me. Where will you spend the rest of your life?

沒有留言:

張貼留言